Dental Health Expert Forum
Wisdom Tooth Query

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Wisdom Tooth Query

My left wisdom tooth has begun to come through, and although it isn't impacted, at the moment it has only half come through, and the gum that is still covering it has been sore, along with the left side of the very back of my mouth, I realised the other day that there was pale yellow puss coming out of the gum when I squeezed it, and now the flap is becoming loose, and when it wobbles a small section of gum around the back and side of the molar infront moves too, what should I do? and is this normal?
It could be part of the normal eruption process.  Try to keep the area clean and monitor it.  If it doesn't improve, you may have pericornitis and will require antibiotics and possibly need to remove the tooth.
A related discussion, Wisdom tooth was started.