Dental Health Community
Wisdom surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Wisdom surgery

So I had my wisdom teeth just over a week and I am still in pain not as much when I first got them taken out and this pass friday I called the nurse and she said to stop taking the strong pain killers "hydro" and have been really like feeling sick but did not have a cold or anything just felt bad. I am at the part I flush it with mouth wash and water mixed together which has been getting some food and junk out yay but i still got blood and the holes and cuts from the surgery still their how do I know how long will it take to fully heal bc soon I am suppose to make teeth impression for my Invisalign again I have been going through my day with out any pain killers and it does still hurt to eat. I went in all ready for a check up like couple days after surgery and found food back their in one of them and both of them on the bottom hurt..................
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
It is normal to experience some pain after wisdom tooth removal. The pain usually lessens with time. Persistent pain could be due to several other reasons like dry socket, non healing wound. Dry socket is alveolar osteitis when the blood clot at the site of the tooth extraction has been dislodged or has dissolved before the wound has healed. There is severe pain since the underlying bone and nerves are exposed. It is best to contact your dentist and get a dental check up done. A clinical examination will be helpful.
Best wishes and regards!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
Best wishes and regards!
Thanks its all most about to be a month since I had it but it all went away but I still have a small or a hole their is that normal if it has been all most a month on Feb 4th?