Dental Health Community
Wisdom teeth and lumps behind ear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Wisdom teeth and lumps behind ear

So I was on vacation this weekend (just back to my hometown for a visit) and after I got back from fishing I noticed two lumps being my ear and some pain in te front running along my jaw line. Thinking it was bug bites because the hatch this year was tremendous. I put some after bite on and left it wondering what bit me to cause such a large set of lumps and ear pain. Normally I do not react to bug bites unless it takes a chunk out and o notice I'm bleeding. This evening I was eating a spicy treat and I noticed discomfort on te lower right side of my jaw and being parinoid for dental issues I investigated and noticed my wisdom tooth has started to push through. I suspected it might due to swelling along the area for the last few days. Now that the tooth has come through this evening the lumps are hard as rocks and are quite a bit bigger. Should I be worried for infection in my tooth and surrounding areas causing lymph nodes to swell or is it normal? The last trip to the dentist was in January and he told me I have issues with the cartilage on my right side which causes some lock jaw if opened to far and it constantly clicks. All of my wisdom teeth are impacted aswell so my wisdom teeth will not come in straight. Can all these factor in with the two lumps behind my ear. Should I see a doctor or my dentist first? Thank you!