Dental Health Expert Forum
Wisdom teeth and smoking?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Wisdom teeth and smoking?

I know I don't have to and I may not, but a group of friends and I are getting together a week before my wisdom teeth are supposed to be removed, and most likely going to be smoking weed. My question is, would it do anything to the anesthetic to make it so I need to post pone surgery? As I said, I may not. I am just curious. Thank you! Ps. I've never smoked before if that makes a difference...
Related Discussions
540545_tn?1377626518
I wouldn't recommend it.  Although weed is different than tobacco smoke, it may irritate the gum tissues and reduce its ability to heal due to the trauma and injury from the chemicals and smoke to the gum.  But you should definitely not smoke it afterwards.
3 Comments
Blank
If I were to, would it have any affect on the anesthetic, and would I have to tell the anesthesiologist, that I have smoked it?
Blank
540545_tn?1377626518
I would say better safe than sorry.   And yes, you should tell your doctor about it in case.  
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
540545_tn?1377626518
Jerome Tsang, DDSBlank
Irvine Modern Dentistry
Irvine, CA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now