Aa
A
A
Close
Wisdom tooth dry socket issues
Well, I had three wisdom teeth removed,Jan. 10th. Both of the top ones, and right on the bottom. I got dry socket three days after my surgery, and didn't get it taken care of until the 15th. well the put the medicated cotton thing I my socket and I had it removed today. Well, on my way home from the dentistry me and my mother stopped at Starbucks and I got a coffee. I noticed that every time I sucked on the straw there was some suction back there and so I stopped drinking it. once I got home I called the dentistry and asked them about it and they told me that no I shouldn't suck at all. Well now I have more pain and now I'm worried that I now have dry socket AGAIN. That was the worst pain that I have ever been in and I have a son.
  I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if I have it again. I have a bunch of pressure and I have pain at the top of my jaw, and I don't know if its dry socket or something else!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
540545 tn?1377626518
Well, you may want to get that socket repacked again due to the pain. Its possible the sucking through a straw may have dislodged the blood clot again and cause some problems.  It does take some time for the area to heal. When I got my own wisdom teeth out, I was sore in one area (out of 4 teeth) that kept hurting just a little bit for about a month.  It depends on how difficult it was to remove as it requires more surgery to get it out.

Hope that helps.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources