Wisdom tooth dry socket issues
Well, I had three wisdom teeth removed,Jan. 10th. Both of the top ones, and right on the bottom. I got dry socket three days after my surgery, and didn't get it taken care of until the 15th. well the put the medicated cotton thing I my socket and I had it removed today. Well, on my way home from the dentistry me and my mother stopped at Starbucks and I got a coffee. I noticed that every time I sucked on the straw there was some suction back there and so I stopped drinking it. once I got home I called the dentistry and asked them about it and they told me that no I shouldn't suck at all. Well now I have more pain and now I'm worried that I now have dry socket AGAIN. That was the worst pain that I have ever been in and I have a son.
  I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if I have it again. I have a bunch of pressure and I have pain at the top of my jaw, and I don't know if its dry socket or something else!
Well, you may want to get that socket repacked again due to the pain. Its possible the sucking through a straw may have dislodged the blood clot again and cause some problems.  It does take some time for the area to heal. When I got my own wisdom teeth out, I was sore in one area (out of 4 teeth) that kept hurting just a little bit for about a month.  It depends on how difficult it was to remove as it requires more surgery to get it out.

Hope that helps.