Dental Health Expert Forum
Worried about white pimples on gums

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Worried about white pimples on gums
My husband has some really nasty looking white pimples on his upper gums. Is this contagious? What cold it be? Can it be treated with an over the counter drug? Please help.
It's impossible to tell what your husband's condition is without seeing the lesions.  Best bet is to get to a dentist to have an examination and diagnosis.
Not sure what you mean by "under his gums", but regardless it would be impossible to tell you what it may be without seeing him. It would also be improper to suggest any way to treat it. My best advice is to have him see a general dentist for a set of films and an examination, and if the nature of his "white pimples" is still unclear, I'd see a periodontist or an oral surgeon for a definitive answer.
sorry, i re-read your post....misred "upper" as "under". my response is still the same-- he needs to have it looked at in order to receive a diagnosis/treatment