Dental Health Community
Yellow pus in the wisdom tooth
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Yellow pus in the wisdom tooth

Hello,

I feel a yellow-whitish fluid coming out of the wisdom tooth gum since an year. There is no pain in the gums. The wisdom tooth is just half outside. The fluid is smelly. Please help me as I feel it is something serious. Since last one year I am facing this problem. Can you please tell me what should I do to cure it. Thanks a lot.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1066426_tn?1330274149
You should see an oral surgeon for a consult.
Blank
1327251_tn?1274959279
Hi prithaag,
U r having a common problem known as pericoronitis....it usually affects the impacted wisdom tooth just before erruption....the yellow fluid u get is the "pus"....the only solution is...have a course of good cephalosporin antibiotic with analgesic if required....(consult ur dentist for medicines) maintain a good oral hygiene like swish after every meal....brush twice a day..use a good chlorhexidine mouth wash.....the objective is not to let food particles accumulate around the affected tooth. For permanent solution...get the tooth extracted since it is a wisdom tooth or get the coronal flap removed.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...