Dental Health Community
Yellow pus in the wisdom tooth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Yellow pus in the wisdom tooth

I feel a yellow-whitish fluid coming out of the wisdom tooth gum since an year. There is no pain in the gums. The wisdom tooth is just half outside. The fluid is smelly. Please help me as I feel it is something serious. Since last one year I am facing this problem. Can you please tell me what should I do to cure it. Thanks a lot.
You should see an oral surgeon for a consult.
Hi prithaag,
U r having a common problem known as pericoronitis....it usually affects the impacted wisdom tooth just before erruption....the yellow fluid u get is the "pus"....the only solution is...have a course of good cephalosporin antibiotic with analgesic if required....(consult ur dentist for medicines) maintain a good oral hygiene like swish after every meal....brush twice a day..use a good chlorhexidine mouth wash.....the objective is not to let food particles accumulate around the affected tooth. For permanent solution...get the tooth extracted since it is a wisdom tooth or get the coronal flap removed.