Dental Health Expert Forum
abscess

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

abscess

I have a large swollen/painful abscess in my lower right facial cheek area.  i have received antitbiotics for the infection.  Do i need to have it drained?  If so what type of Doctor/Dentist do you recommend?

Thanks-
It depends on what is the source of the infection.  Since you have antibiotics, I'm assuming you saw some kind of doctor for it.  What did they say?
AOA dr . i have abscessed tooth from month , but now my cheek swell up i m having DANZEN , FOTIFLOX ,PREVENT but swelling is not coming down what to do ? THAT sweling came down i have paper tomorrow what to do ?
Sorry.  I don't understand what symptoms you are experiencing.  You should go see a dentist or an emergency room/clinic