Dental Health Community
adult with a baby tooth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

adult with a baby tooth

Hi, I am a 37 year old male who still has a baby tooth, a K9, and was told via xray years ago that an adult tooth has yet to fully go through it's course and push the baby one out. I have no cavities in the baby tooth but for the last several days I have felt pressure and swelling and pain above the gum line on the side of my face of the tooth in question..

I do not have insurance and I am tempted to pull the tooth myself but I don't know if the adult tooth will drop and i do not want a hole left in my gums. Also I fear the adult tooth will adversely alter the rest of my teeth since there is no more room to suffice.

Is this a major health hazard? Am I able to wiggle my baby tooth free and expect the adult tooth to take it's place? I can extract the tooth myself as I have done in the past. Should I?

Thank you, Dean
Tags: adult baby tooth
Go to a Dentist!! Or Dental School for cheap.  
dang you are brave.  you need to find out why there is swelling.  there may be an infection up there coming from either of those two teeth, and if so something needs to be done soon.  Yes, it is a health risk.  Teeth are part of the body, too.  If pus was coming out of your finger, you would not ignore it...you'd see a doctor...follow me?  The permanent canine is likely ankylosed...fused to the bone, and may not move at all, or may need orthodontic help to do so.  Since you are 37, it is highly unlikely it will fall in to place on its own.