Dental Health Community
after apicoectomy pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

after apicoectomy pain

had an apicoectomy on #3 on Oct.26. On clindamycin 150 3x day for 10days (5 before surgery and 5 after).This one unlike other apicos i've had was tough but by Nov2 (1 week) started to feel better. It is now Nov.5;I have been off antibiotic for 4 days and I have pain in the area of that tooth--not awful but there when it hadn't been for a few days. Still have stitches the last of which will be removed Nov. 14 ( I live 1200 miles from the endodontist and won't be back to him until then).
Do I have an infection? or is this normal?. I just started to brush/floss easy 2 days ago. Could that have caused the sensation of pain/ache to return? I will call the endo tomorrow if still the same or worse but wondered your take on this. Thank you