Dental Health Expert Forum
b-12/sensitive teeth
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

b-12/sensitive teeth

I have recently been advised that I have a low b-12 count, and I have been grinding my teeth at night.  My teeth are very sensitive right now.  Are these things related, the b-12 count and the sensitive teeth?  My teeth feel COLD all the time, but they do not ache like a cavity or tooth ache.
Related Discussions
I think the grinding is a possible cause for the sensitivity. I would consider seeing your dentist for a mouthguard to prevent any excessive wear on your teeth.
4 Comments
Blank
b12 deficiency,according to my knowledge, has nothing to do w sensitive teeth.
Blank
sounds like your problem may be due to grinding. let me tell you from a hardcore grinder, it can make your teeth sens. hurt and shift. talk to your dentist about this and if it is the problem a splint, or nightgaurd can help. bad thing is it is usually covered by medical ins, and hmo's dont cover it . but if you can get one it will save your teeth!
Blank
Ok, thanks for the info, appreciate it, I have a dentist appointment scheduled in about two weeks.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
540545_tn?1377626518
Jerome Tsang, DDSBlank
Irvine Modern Dentistry
Irvine, CA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now