Dental Health Expert Forum
b-12/sensitive teeth
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

b-12/sensitive teeth

I have recently been advised that I have a low b-12 count, and I have been grinding my teeth at night.  My teeth are very sensitive right now.  Are these things related, the b-12 count and the sensitive teeth?  My teeth feel COLD all the time, but they do not ache like a cavity or tooth ache.
Related Discussions
I think the grinding is a possible cause for the sensitivity. I would consider seeing your dentist for a mouthguard to prevent any excessive wear on your teeth.
4 Comments
Blank
b12 deficiency,according to my knowledge, has nothing to do w sensitive teeth.
Blank
sounds like your problem may be due to grinding. let me tell you from a hardcore grinder, it can make your teeth sens. hurt and shift. talk to your dentist about this and if it is the problem a splint, or nightgaurd can help. bad thing is it is usually covered by medical ins, and hmo's dont cover it . but if you can get one it will save your teeth!
Blank
Ok, thanks for the info, appreciate it, I have a dentist appointment scheduled in about two weeks.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
05/15 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
233488 tn?1310696703