Dental Health Expert Forum
baby crown on front tooth possibly chipped

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

My son has a white crown on front baby tooth and As i was brushing my 4yr olds teeth tonight i noticed the crown looked uneven so i looked closer and it looks as thought the crown has maybe chipped. He has no pain or swollen red gums so im hoping its fixable. I took him into the dentist a couple weeks ago for a check up and xrays were done that tooth and everything came back good. So my question here is if his crown is indeed chipped what will happen what is the procedure? Im extremly stressed out because hes very afraid of the dentist and i dont want to have to put him through anymore pain than hes already been through.
You should probably go get it checked out and see how severe the chip is.  The baby front tooth will probably fall out at about age 7 so there's still about 2-3 more years of use on the tooth and we don't want any possibility of infection.

They can probably just repair it but it depends on the extent of the chip and how deep it goes.  You won't know for sure until you do take him to the dentist though.