Dental Health Community
bad breath

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

bad breath

my frnd is having a bad breath...she cant go infront of others becoz of dis reason so plz ccan u tell the diagnose and treatment...any medications required
urgent!
Try googling halitosis, another name or bad breath. There can be a lot of reasons this occurs: sinus infections, bacteria on the tongue, decayed teeth, tonsil stones. That's just a few! Any type of drainage from like a sinus infection can cause bad breath for sure. A lot of people don't realize that. Ask your friend if she brushes her tongue. A lot of bad breath comes from the bacteria that harbors on top of the tongue and the only way to remove it is to either brush it or use a tongue scraper. Active decay in teeth can cause this problem as well, has she been for a reg. check up lately? Tonsil stones can cause chronic bad breath too. Tonsil stones are bacteria, food, saliva that gets in the crypts of the tonsils and hardens. Sometimes you can press around with your finger and push them out, but this will cause some to gag. I suffer from tonsil stones, so I find myself chewing gum all the time to try and mask the taste/smell. I have been to an ENT and had them checked and it's not an issue, but the only cure is to have my tonsils removed. I've been told to gargle with warm salt water and that may help. Bad breath can also result from different medications. Theres a number of reasons this happens, but have her go in for a dental cleaning and check up and see if the dentist can find a reason. Tell her good luck! I know how it feels!