bad smell
I have had a bad smell from my mouth for about 1 year. My teeth don't ache, no obvious swelling of the gums, no signs of pockets, though some teeth are dead and some have exposed roots. I have been using herbal toothpastes and have been rinsing my mouth with rinsing fluids. But there are no signs of changes - the bad smell persists. I guess that there might be some hidden gum infection and I would like to know whether the use of natural supplements like Gum-Plus+ or OraMD  or others may lead to the bad smell disappearing?
How do you value the use of natural supplements?
I suggest the following home remedies and basic dental care . If this does not work or the condition is chronic then you definitely need to consult a dentist. Or try a cosmetic dental treatment.

Reduce coffee and red wine intake and reduce smoking. This is common sense and also good for your body. Try chewing raw vegetables , once a day . Raw vegetables are a healthy snack and they will also help in cleaning your teeth. Strawberries have a natural bleaching effect and are high on Vitamin 'C'. So have some every day . This is a 'tasty' healthy solution to the yellow teeth problem.  Of course  make sure, you are not allergic to them.Floss everyday.  Stains form easily between teeth and flossing is an easy solution.Brush your teeth everyday, every 12 hours. Do ensue the bristles are not worn out. Change your brush regularly. Old worn out  brushes just cannot brush away plaque forming bacteria and are useless.

[url=http://www.austinsmiles.com]lumineers dentist[/url]
Just for information: I have never smoked a single cigarette, I drink wine on holidays occasions, I drink tea every day sometimes substituting it with coffee. That's why I am almost certain that something is wrong with the gums  a kind of bacteria or infection.
if you have decay that can have an unpleasant smell. what do you mean by dead teeth? do you floss every day? the early stages of gum disease and pockets may not be detectable except by a dentist so a check up would be a good idea. i read somewhere that a majority of mouth odor problems are really coming from a persons throat and upper gi. if the dentist cant find a problem i would consult with your regular doctor. good luck!
If we talk about throat and upper gi then what procedures may help in their cleaning? Is it brushing?
I know someone who had a bad breath problem and it was not related to bad hygiene or to her mouth, it was a problem with her digestive track, some of the things she was eating where causing the bad breath.... maybe you should also look at what you are eating maybe you will find a patern...if this is the case just stop eating what ever is causing the bad breath.... could be something as stupid as vitamins,herbal tea,spices ...

Some key facts about bad breath
Bad breath rarely originates in the stomach, throat, nose or sinuses as most people believe. Air released from the nose of a person with bad breath does not have any offensive odor. Air from the mouth does. In 95% of cases bad breath originates from the mouth.

If your teeth and gums are in poor health they may be one of the causes of bad breath. Regular, competent dental care is important in controlling bad breath odor.

If the onset of your bad breath odor has been sudden, is growing noticeably worse over a period of days or weeks, or has been accompanied by the onset of fever, cough, or other symptoms, it would be wise to seek medical consultation.

Some of the foods we eat can cause bad breath odor. Garlic, onions, alcohol, hot peppers or aromatic spices may cause bad breath up to 72 hours after ingestion. This type of bad breath cannot be eliminated by any known treatment or product.