Dental Health Community
before & after wisdom teeth extraction

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

before & after wisdom teeth extraction

I got all 4 wisdom teeth extracted on March 30th, my one week follow up was just on Tuesday, where I got my stitches removed and showed how to keep my bottom holes cleaned. She asked how I felt, and at this point I hadn't done much chewing or jaw opening because I was eating soft foods until the stitches came out, so I said I felt great.

My top stitches still have not dissolved yet and they're a little sore at the spot where the stitches are, I try not to mess with them.

Before surgery, I checked the box "Yes" on whether or not I have "popping/clicking", but no questions were asked about this.

My jaw has been doing this popping noise I'm not sure how long, I don't really remember when it started, but it never really bothered me, it was only annoying to those I chewed around. It is only on one side of my face (left side). When I move my bottom jaw front/backwards/left/right it pops, and I can feel the jaw bone moving weird when I touch it, as to where the right side doesn't do this.

Well, after I got my stitches out (yesterday) I was a little sore because she had trouble getting them out (my mouth doesn't open that wide). But I started eating regular later that day and I realize my jaw still pops/clicks but this time it kind of aches, and feels tired like I just got done chewing up something really hard and chewy. I don't know how to explain this pain, but I just know it wasn't there before. It hurts to open my mouth as wide as I can too.

I'm not sure if I grind my teeth, but I think I do clinch them in my sleep because there will be times I wake up with a sore tongue, sometimes when my tongue somehow lays in between the top and bottom teeth when I'm sleeping.

I'm not sure if my jaw is out of alignment, but I do know that my back teeth do not line up with their matches on top (not sure if that's suppose to be like that) and my bottom left side ones seem a lil slanted in (only noticeable if you really look) AND to top it off, I do have a chipped back tooth, I was never sure how it got weak enough to chip, but now that I think about it, the clinching probably chipped it and the lollipop cracked it. It's been cracked for along time now (It never bothered me so I never told anybody, but I have to get a root canal now).

OK I am 18 years old (19 in May), and my question is...... what is going on? lol, does anyone have similar experience? and what should I do? SHould I go back?
Seeing a tmj specialist is advised,