Dental Health Community
bleeding, diarrhea, abdominal painnnn help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Hi. I'm a 21 yr old female with stomach problems. First, I have been bleeding when I go #2 for the past 6 months. It happens every 2-3 weeks or so. Second, since September 2010 I've been having bad diarrhea on and off. The cramping is horrible. I'll have it for about 1 or 2 weeks then for the next week I'll feel fine then it will start up again. The stools are very watery and sometimes thin. Third, I've had black stools about 3 times since the diarrhea has started. Finally, I have also been having abdominal pain. The pain is sometimes in my lower right abdomen and sometimes in the left. More recently, I've had pain under my ribcage. ALSO, I get lower back pain and bad hip pain when I get lower abdominal pain. Over the summer I had my gallbladder removed because I had pancreatitis. I also have high blood pressure and they don't know why. I don't know if the last two points are related. I just want some opinions because it's really bad. The diarrhea is affecting my day-to-day life and I've been missing work a lot because of it. I've told the doctors about this and I'm in the process of going to see a gi. Thanks for your help.
wow sorry. i dont know how it got into this category.