bleeding from ruptured artery
I recently had an implant on tooth #10, which later required me to have a tissue graft to cover an area exposed. Today when I came in to get my stitches out from the tissue graft surgery, the artery on the top of my mouth ruptured. They stitched it up, but I'm concerned that it may pop again. If so, what do I do? Is a hospital ER going to have oral supplies? Also, I am wearing a "flipper", which is a retainer with my false tooth on it. Is it okay to wear the appliance if the roof of my mouth is vulnerable? Thanks!

This discussion is related to Bleed at Roof of Mouth.
Appropiate suture generally stops arteiole rupture. If it happens again and you do'nt have immediate access to your dentist, you can use a piece of gauze to compress over the bleeding site and visit your dentist as soon as possible. I would recommend discontinuation of the flipper until the wound hels up.