Dental Health Community
bleeding gum after crown insertion

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

bleeding gum after crown insertion

I had a crown put in, was quite uncomfortable, so after seven month of working on it by filing it down, then filing down the teeth under the crown, the dentist replaced it (at his expense).  New crown is more comfortable, but I still feel it and should  not. The gum on top of crown is quite tender and my gums around the crown are now bleeding.  I have several crowns, never had this experience. Any advice? Thanks.

This discussion is related to Pain after Crown around gums.
Spontaneous gingival bleeding or after brushing is generally associated with imflammation. The common source of gingival inflammation after crown placement is generally associated with overcontoured margin.Redo crown is probably the way to solve the problem.