Dental Health Expert Forum
bone grafting wound not healed and tooth cleaning

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

I did bone grafting on 8/14/2008 on #10. it is a very big surgery, right now, the wound not compleletly healed. I would like to do a regular tooth cleaning and want to make sure it is ok.

the gum site near tooth 9 and #11 is still healing. Want to make sure tooth cleaning won't hurt this two site.

Thanks.
If the bone graft was done in August, it should be integrated with the jaw bone at this rate.  Its been well over the 4-6 week period that the bone begins to heal.  A cleaning should be fine.  You may want to bring it up with your dentist prior to cleaning but I don't forsee a problem.