Dental Health Community
bone protrusion

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

bone protrusion

I have a sharp hard white spike that appears to be bone protruding from the inside of my jaw toward the base of my tounge. It was a raised lump and there is one approximatly in the same location on the other side of my jaw but it is not as large. It has cut through the gum and is now exposed. I have not had any dental work done in the past year and 1/2. The last dental work I had done was a filling that left a sharp "flashing" around the tooth just below the gum line. This was done to the tooth near the present protruding bone problem. I have never had any teeth pulled or root canals, just a few fillings and chipped teeth. I would like to know what this is and what could be the causes of it. I would also like to know if I should go to a dentist or an oral surgeon or an osteo surgeon. I have limited funding at this time andwould rather not have to pay for one doctor to have to recommend another. I can email a photo if that would help. Thank you for your help