Dental Health Expert Forum
broken blood vessels/capillaries
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

broken blood vessels/capillaries

For the past year I had what looks like broken blood vessels/capillaries on the roof of my mouth. Some days the sides of my mouth and the uvula and throat area look really red too. I have been told by an ENT that I have reflux could this be the cause of the broken vessels? They just don't get any better. They don't hurt. I know that sometimes I have reflux symptoms that are worse than others. Last night I had wine and now this morning my throat is a little sore and the back of my mouth is red. I have also been told that due to a deviated septum and other sinus problems that they are causing me to breath through my mouth at night could this be a cause? Even though some days my mouth is redder than others these red marks are always there. I just had a dentist appt. and an oral surgeon appt. to remove a small growth on my palate, but she said to her it didn't look cancerous. She did the biopsy though and I go back in two weeks. But these are like blood vessels. Any clue? She didn't seem worried by anything in mouth but just the word biopsy and all the red vessels freaks me out.