Dental Health Community
bruising after extraction

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

bruising after extraction

I had the root of a bottom tooth extracted a week ago which was accidently left in my jaw by the dentist after he took the tooth out 2 months ago. He had to dig it out but got it OK. Had three injections to kill the pain and since I have developed a large black / purple bruise outside my mouth on my chin below the cavity (about 4 cm across and 6 cm down to the bottom of my jaw). It's not sore and the gum seems to be healing fairly well but is really ugly and bigger than I thought it should be. The dentist says it happens sometimes from the injection I had inside my bottom lip. Is that right? I am having doubts about the dentist since he left the root in by 'mistake'
Dental extration procedure genarally does'nt cause skin bruise. If it does happen, the condition is asssociated with bleeding disorder. Seeing a hematologist is advised.