bruising in throat after wisdom tooth removal
After having wisdom tooth removed, my throat was extremely sore. After a few days, I got a mirror and looked at it and just about freaked out.  My entire throat looks like a giant hematoma. Is this something to worry about? I also have bruising on my cheek but I understand that is normal but I have not seen anything about throat bruising.
Hi there,
I can confirm the exact cause only after a complete medical history and clinical examination. Slight bruising is normal after removal of wisdom tooth. Painful swallowing is common after the procedure due to swollen muscles in the throat. This may usually subside in a couple of days. If the symptoms are severe it is best to see your dentist and get your doubts clarified. Hope it helps. Keep us posted.
Best of luck and kind regards!
thank you for your reply.  I did speak to my dentist and he said it is a normal but rare condition, due to my AGE and the fact that it was a wisdom tooth. He didn't even ask me to come in to check it. It is getting better - part of it is now only a reddish/purple instead of black, but I'm still concerned as I sing in a choir and I'm not sure if I should participate while my throat is in this condition.