Dental Health Expert Forum
bump on inside of cheek

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

bump on inside of cheek
well i am concerned about a bump that i have on the inside of my cheek i also have one on the other side in the same spot except on the left side its a little bit bigger than the other one i dont know if this makes a difference but i have a missing tooth right across from this bump it still has some of the tooth left in the gum so im thinking bacteria is also present. I also have been using alot of decongestants because of allergies could this have somethig to do with it.  i am concerned about if this is a salivary stone blockage or something else not good i have been to the dentist and i feel if it were something serious the dentist would have addressed it when i went in for a basic exam . the dentist also did xrays while i was there she didnt seem concerned so my question is am i worried for nothing? i looked inside of my mothers' mouth and hers looked similar to mine but still left with some worry please tell me i can move past this. I also still have coating on tongue. help what should i do? this is really driving me crazy!
Why don't you go to an oral surgeon for a definitive diagnosis so that your mind can be put at ease. From your description it does not sound serious.learn what it is once and for all.
oh i forgot to ask could this be from cheek biting?
Past couple of days I have developed a smallbump on the left side at the back of my mouth, I think I may of bitten it by mistake, however it might be a sore, thus am taking Repsin, a fruity-like pastille! see if it goes after a few days, if it doesn't go to the dentist, they should know what it is right off!