Dental Health Community
bump on underside of tongue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

bump on underside of tongue

there are usually 2 noticeable veins that run down the underside of the tongue. on one of my veins at the tip of the vein, i noticed a small red bump/flap. it lay flat down but you could raise the flap up. It is not painful when i don't move my tongue or touch the bump/flap. but when i do touch of move it, it is very painful. i'm only 15 so do you think this is anything serious?

This discussion is related to sore white/red bumps under tongue.
Seeing an oral pathologist or oral surgeon is advised.
Was your issue ever solved?
Ok I just had the same thing and I went to the doctor...this post is for anyone else who has those same symptoms ( i looked this up before I went to the doctor and all I was seeing was really over the top like cancer and HPV etc.) But i went to the doctor and she said it's just an allergic reaction, for me I had just changed tooth pastes, but she said it can also have to do with changing your diet or medicines. Avoid foods with acidity and fried foods and It should go away in about a week. Hope this saves someone from the anxiety i got from looking it up!