Dental Health Community
burping after having braces.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

burping after having braces.

My son is 16 years old and he suffers from cyclic vomiting syndrome. After having recently braces he started to burp constantly. The dentist does not think it is to do with the braces but I am still suspecting because he was not burping before. He just use to vomit. This is in spite the fact that after a week he feel comfortable with the braces and use to it. The burping is so severe that I consider to have the braces out. Could anyone tell me if they know about any connections ( or came across ) between braces and burping. Could anyone advice me on that.
Thank you.
Braces is probably not associated with burping. However, food intolerence may play a role.There are books available on the market, Consultation with gastroenterologist is advised.