Dental Health Community
cheek pain with tooth pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

cheek pain with tooth pain

Hi, Day one my tooth was hurting the next day it progressed into my jaw bone and it was hurting bad. My dentist put me on amoxcillin for seven days. IT felt better but then it came right back the next day the pain. It was in my cheek bone and pain going to my ear. Was put on Penicillin VK for 10 days and didnt feel better. Got a root canal done on the tooth and it was still hurting.After multiple tooth cleanings and redoing my root canals I ended up getting a root canal done to the tooth next to it. The tooth that was done the first time I ended up getting extracted. My cheek is killing me and and its swollen. I am currently on clindamycin. Still hurting in my cheek and very painful. Wonder why it isnt  not going away after all these anitbotics? does it take awhile for it to calm down?  What should I do????