Dental Health Expert Forum
child dental problem
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

child dental problem

I have a 9 yr. old child who just went in for a tooth extraction. He had a cap on the tooth and it was infected under the cap. The tooth broke during the extraction and the dentist proceeded to drill after 3 injections knowing it was not numb. The kid screamed the entire time and is now terrified of the dentist. My question is what are the chances of more complications now? is he more prone to infection the hole is really big and he is complaining of his jaw and chin hurting and not being able to open his mouth wide. I am feeling that  the dentist made some bad choices and I am concerned about the damage that may have been done. I am also wondering if the medicine he gave him for pain is right, he is taking Acetaminophen-codine 120-12 SOLN #100 2tsp every 6 hrs. Please respond as soon as possible I am really worried Thanks
540545_tn?1377626518
How much does your son weigh?  The dosage sounds fine.  Its Tylenol with codeine which is a pain medication.  Did you get any antibiotics as well?  It may not be necessary if the tooth was removed and the infection wasn't too far spread through the mouth.  

As far as the damage or injury of the extraction, that you would probably need to discuss with the dentist.  Sometimes teeth can be difficult to get out and may require more "surgery" in the area to remove them completely.  

Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
540545_tn?1377626518
Jerome Tsang, DDSBlank
Irvine Modern Dentistry
Irvine, CA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now