chronic jaw pain after impacted wisdom tooth removal
I had 3 wisdom teeth removed about 2 weeks ago. 1 was impacted.  2 days post op I was in extreme pain which happened to be a dry socket and I went to the oral surgeon and he put in a dressing which did help with the pain somewhat.  The following day, he took it out and put in another one which he left in for 3 days before removing it. 1 week later, the pain in my jaw was not as bad as before, but i was still experiencing pain and my gums were very sore and irritated probably due to the dressing. the dentist didn't seem concerned and said the pain would diminish. I have been taking ibuprofen during the day and percocet at night to help with the pain, but it's not helping and the pain has not subsided at all.  I continue to have pain on the right side of my face and my lower jaw where the impacted tooth was removed.  I have trouble sleeping because of the pain.  Is it normal to be in this much pain 2 weeks post op or could it be an infection or did he do some damage during the extraction?  Should I have an x-ray taken?
I would the oral surgeon examine the area asap.
A dry socket can cause symptoms for up to a month or so.  Possibly you could have nerve damage which is not necessarily due to an error on your surgeons part.
A related discussion, Oral Surgery Gone Wrong was started.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.