Dental Health Expert Forum
clear blisters after oral surgery
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

clear blisters after oral surgery

I do not have herpes. I had oral surgery yesterday. the assistant held down my lower lip while two retained adult were exposed and brackets with chains were attached. clear water blisters appeared after to the inside of my lower lip. went back today and was given steroid gel. blisters r dissipating and skin has sloughed off now. Is this from the tension applied by the assistant.  

540545_tn?1377626518
I don't think so.  Its possible that you could injure the tissue but what were they using to hold your lips down?  Was it their fingers or some kind of forcep/pliers?
4 Comments
Blank
The blisters are going away now and the lip is much better today.  However, the medial gum tissue to tooth number 23 is sloughing off.  My adult teeth numbers 27 and 22 never erupted.  The baby teeth were crumbling so they were removed and the chains attached to the adult teeth. The chains will be attached to braces next week.  I am worried about this effecting the # 23 healthy tooth.  will this tissue heal by second intention after the gum tissue sloughs away or do I need to be worried about the tooth becoming unstable due to minimal gum tissue surrounding it?  
Blank
540545_tn?1377626518
You could bring it up to your dentist or orthodontist, whoever is doing your braces.  The stress from moving the teeth could affect the gums.  I'm not sure why the gums are sloughing off though.  It could be just some recession due to the trauma of removing the adjacent baby tooth.  It should restore itself, at worse, when the adult tooth comes in and provides something for the gum tissue to attach to,
Blank
Thank you for your responses, I appreciate your help.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
540545_tn?1377626518
Jerome Tsang, DDSBlank
Irvine Modern Dentistry
Irvine, CA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now