Dental Health Expert Forum
clindamycin antibiotic
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

clindamycin antibiotic

hello

my dentist preceibed clindamycin for a tooth infection.

a year ago i had root canal done on #12 and cap.  the dentist didnt take all the decay out so now it has to be extracted and get a bridge.

i am alergic (allergic) too baxin, ceftin, augmentin, bactrim, levaquin,

well she said i shouldnt be allergic to clindamycin, but i read the phamplet that came wth it and it talked about fatal reactions from diahrea.  

so long story short, because of having reactions to others i am terrified to take this.  i tried for dentist to change it but her assistant was adamant about it.  i havent taken it yet.  its been two weeks i have been trying to decide.  

is there an antibiotic i could recommend or a way i can tell her what i am feeeling, without annoying her

thanks.....
Related Discussions
if you are concerned then I would consult with your MD. You should never feel that your are annoying a health professional if you have legitimate concerns about your health.
4 Comments
Blank
162489_tn?1189759431
I was also allergic to a lot of the antibiotics i was given for a tooth abscess, i was prescribed metronidazole
Blank
Hi!  I recently had a root canal and was prescribed clindamycin too....I too have allergies to other antibiotics.   The clindomycin did NOTHING and the infection got worse so now I am on CIPRO which was my own idea.     I don't know if it is working 100% yet, but at least the infection has died down and I can tell it is helping......
Blank
READ ABOUT CIPRO AND YOU'LL STOP TAKING IT. IT'S A FLUROQUINOLONE, SAME AS LEVAQUIN, AVELOX ETC. IT'S POISON.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
540545_tn?1377626518
Jerome Tsang, DDSBlank
Irvine Modern Dentistry
Irvine, CA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now