Dental Health Expert Forum
clindamycin antibiotic
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
clindamycin antibiotic
hello

my dentist preceibed clindamycin for a tooth infection.

a year ago i had root canal done on #12 and cap.  the dentist didnt take all the decay out so now it has to be extracted and get a bridge.

i am alergic too baxin, ceftin, augmentin, bactrim, levaquin,

well she said i shouldnt be allergic to clindamycin, but i read the phamplet that came wth it and it talked about fatal reactions from diahrea.  

so long story short, because of having reactions to others i am terrified to take this.  i tried for dentist to change it but her assistant was adamant about it.  i havent taken it yet.  its been two weeks i have been trying to decide.  

is there an antibiotic i could recommend or a way i can tell her what i am feeeling, without annoying her

thanks.....
Discussion is closed
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
if you are concerned then I would consult with your MD. You should never feel that your are annoying a health professional if you have legitimate concerns about your health.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
162489_tn?1189759431
I was also allergic to a lot of the antibiotics i was given for a tooth abscess, i was prescribed metronidazole
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Hi!  I recently had a root canal and was prescribed clindamycin too....I too have allergies to other antibiotics.   The clindomycin did NOTHING and the infection got worse so now I am on CIPRO which was my own idea.     I don't know if it is working 100% yet, but at least the infection has died down and I can tell it is helping......
Discussion is closed
Cancel
READ ABOUT CIPRO AND YOU'LL STOP TAKING IT. IT'S A FLUROQUINOLONE, SAME AS LEVAQUIN, AVELOX ETC. IT'S POISON.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now