Dental Health Expert Forum
comfused

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

comfused

i always brush try to take care of my teeth but a coward for the dentist. i went to a dentist he said i was missing part of a tooth below a root canal and food has been getting caught. he want to clean it out and recap it 3 weeks ago.(tooth was root canaled 15 years ago) on xrays he wasnt sure if there was a infection below the root. i am trying to get old xrays. a endodontist says he wants to do exporitave surgury and look to see if he can save the tooth for $1500. and then i would still need a cap. the problem is if i extract the tooth im missing the one in front that poses a chewing problem, im not sure about implants but i thought they are painful and costly. and would be missing 2 teeth ina row im 47 years old male. a bridge might be anothe way i guess? a lot of ifs and buts the first dentist gave me yesterday erythromycin to help out this weekend but its destroying my stomach. the endo says thats a mistake try something else or wait to di the procedure. im stopping erthromycin he said it wasnt correct med. i having taken pennicin in a while it was given me a mild skin rash once. although cephnosporins i have no prob with. i always worry about my stomach. this has gotten comfusing and probally costly...
Avatar dr m tn
I am not sure there is  question here.
withlut seeing films it is impossible to say-- if yu are not sure of the propsed treatment, it cant hurt to get a second or even third opinion until you are CLEAR.