Dental Health Community
crown

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

crown

I went in to get a crown on my back molar and was not in pain..she drilled my tooth so much I was in extreme pain later on...she said she wanted me to come back in a week and she would define it and make an impression..said they used cement to put on the crown and she said if she could not get it off she would break it off...she did not say anything about putting the permanent crown on that day..this is not how my other crowns went...it feels like if my tooth is messed with anymore it is going to start hurting bad again..this does not seem normal to me. All my other crowns (down elsewhere) went very smoothly..they put the temp on and two weeks later did the permanent. Does this sound normal?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
There are various ways of doing root canal treatment and capping. This varies with the Doctor and also with the condition of the tooth. Hence if you do not have any pain or other issues now, you may follow the advice of your dentist or take a second opinion.
Hope this helps.