crowns
Hi.. can crowns be shortened after been permanetly cemented?my  dr said it was to shorten them,but i feel the amount that was removed was very significant and the strengh its now compromise since the glace or outter layer has been removed. she cut straight throught the bottom and im also wondering if this will allowed for any color absorption over time?
Hi there,
After the permanent cement has set your dentist will wait approximately ten minutes .After that your dentist will then check how your teeth bite together. Any high spots on the crown will be reduced on the opposing tooth. It is very important to have the bite correct, because a high bite can lead to tooth sensitivity and tooth pain. To make the bite accurate your dentist may shorten it. If you feel that there has been excessive shortening it is best to consult your dentist and get your doubts clarified. I hope it helps.
Best wishes and regards!