Dental Health Expert Forum
cysts in wisdom tooth

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

cysts in wisdom tooth
if my x-ray shown i have a cyst forming near my upper left wisdom tooth, should i have it taken out as soon as possible or should i wait until it is fully grown?
A cyst?  I would consult with an oral surgeon but I would remove the cyst and the wisdom tooth.  How old are you?
i am 20 yrs old.. should i wait until my wisdom tooth is fully grown? or should i just have it taken out now?
It depends on the type of cyst but they would probably have to biopsy it to see what it is.  So removing the wisdom tooth should be done at the same time so you don't have to deal with it either.  Is the wisdom tooth impacted or coming out crooked?