deep cleaning, advanced periodontitis
so i have severe periodontitis and i have been going for deep cleaning.. after yesterdays session, my gums have receded a lot.. but one of my tooth is very very loose suddenly.. it is the tooth that has a lot of bone loss (8mm) not all over just frot nad back. is it normal for something like this to happen? will it tighten up?

i called my periodontist and he gave me his opinion.. but i just want to hear from those who have experienced the same thing and what has happened with their teeth..

thanks
Teeth tend to be mobile more after deep cleaning and periodontal surgery. However, teeth will be less mobile after 2-4 weeks. If teeth are still mobile after 4weeks, occlusal adjustment or teeth splinting may be needed to improvre mobility.
well i know you wont ans this but will it fall out of my gums? its moving quite a bit.. like small movements back and forth!!

also my periodontist told me that after deep cleaning the teeth feel tighter, the first time it was fine.. this second time it doesnt feel right!!

i have actually accepted my situation and am willing to remove the tooth as opposed to being in fear al the time and not being able to eat properly!! i am so scared it might just fall out anywhere.. esp coz i have started clenching at night!
Your periodontist is supposed to know the prognosis based on x-ray and clinical exam. If some teeth are really hopless, extraction is probably a viable treatment plan. It's not likely all teeth are hopeless. My advise is saving as many teeth as possible.
Many times when you have a deep root planing and scaling the teeth will feel loose. Whatever you do, DON'T wiggle it.  Let it tighten.  Your perio should know whether it will tighten or not and if it doesn't move from side to side (just back and forth) there is a very good chance that it will tighten up on its own.  If you wiggle it, you may destroy that chance.  Give it a few weeks.
In the meantime, try rinsing your mouth 3 or 4 times a day with warm salty water (not real salty -  in should taste like the ocean).  It can definitely help.
Best to you,
Gellia
so if my teeth are nto as strong anymore like i can feel the difference already. i do not want to live in fear the whole time. whats the best to do? i am sure in my case i cant get implants or do bone grafting. partial dentures?
Best thing you can do at this point is just hang in there.  They may feel different but still tighten up.  Try to save your natural teeth.  You've gone this far.  Give it a few weeks more and then you will be able to make a more informed decision.  When you first have dental work done the mouth will react to that.  Give it the time to settle down.  I know that's difficult when you feel you are loosing ground, but all you'll loose is a few weeks and the gain may be great.
Hang in there!
Gellia
P.S.  I had quite a bit of bone loss in my teeth, and one was VERY loose.  My OS was easily able to do bone grafts for implants.  
Thank you very much for replying. I do see a lot of improvement in my teeth but the tooth is still very loose. There was a huge gap near the front of my tooth which is not almost going but I am not sure why.

Anyway I will be seeing the periodontist tomorrow. I hope everything is ok:)
Good luck!  They can do wonderful things.  
Gellia