dental cleaning infection?
is it possible to get an infection after a routine cleaning? i was perfectly fine before my last cleaning, the DAY AFTER, my teeth hurt, which i thought, well, that can happen after a cleaning....but it got worse and felt like cavities, went back a month later and nothing found. two weeks later a huge sore appeared on the roof of my mouth, my ear hurt, jaw and upper neck was swollen, but the pain in my teeth went completely away after that sore appeared. over the next month, sore went away,  jaw went down, but had allover hot feeling and muscle pain, this went away after 2 weeks and then the jaw swelled up again! seems to get better, then worse, etc. dr thinks some kind of virus....i think it was caused by the cleaning, as i didn't have anything until after that....could that have been it,? thanks!
There's obviously something going on with that sore and your dentist is blowing you off.  Has he given you any antibiotics?  Swelling indicates infection, and you need to be treated for this.  I know of no virus that would make your jaw swell, maybe see your GP and go from there.  There is plaque flying everywhere when they clean your teeth and a tiny piece may have become imbedded in the roof of your mouth causing the infection. I wish you all the best and would be curious to see what you find out.
thank you for your comment, i think it's an infection as well, fever and swelling---since april? sure sounds that way to me, no i didn't get antibiodics. he said the swelling could be the lymph nodes swelling from the "virus" and told me to take anti-inflammatories. i go out of town next week, but may see if i can get some antibiodoics when i get back...thanks for answering!