Dental Health Community
dental implant rejection - can I repeat the surgery?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Hi, June this year my dentist has inserted me two straumann's implants in the upper jaw. From the very beginning it was very complicated because I didn't have enough space in the jaw. Should be 5mm of free space both sides of the implant and I had 5mm in totally, including implant. However the dentist manage to insert me the thinest implants and he didn't injured the bones of  adjacent's teeth. I was very happy, thinking everything went so well. But after some days the right side started to hurt me and the gum turned all red, very swollen. When I made an emergency appointment my dentist imformed me that I had rejected an implant, from unknown reasons ( I have full confidence in my dentist's competency) and he removed the implant. 2 weeks later he had to removed the second one because  the bone in between my implant and tooth  not grow much to integrate with the implant. 3 months later after x-ray he saw that the bone was not regenerating. He did special surgery of regeneration of the bone tissue and now I'm waiting for the results. But my QUESTION IS : IS IT SAFE TO REPEAT THE SURGERY AND PLACE THE IMPLANTS AGAIN? WILL IT WORK THIS TIME?  If once implants were rejected ( for UNKNOWN reasons) may it happen again? What are the chences? Or maybe should I rather think about dental bridges?
once bone heals up, redo implant is acceptable. implant rejection is a rare occurance.