Dental Health Community
dental implant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

dental implant

i had one dental implant in august 2007 and it didnt work. the surgon told me that the part of my bone where the old tooth was, was to soft. so they removed it and told me to come back in 2 months after the bone has hardened. i had my second surgery in october 2007. they put in a concave implant to help secure it better. they added bone graphing. i believe it was from a cow or something. they told me everything went well. about a month later pieces of bone started coming out through my gums in the area where the implant is.  when i saw my surgon they told me it was normal. the bone kept coming out. at my 6 month visit which was this week march 2008. i went in for my impressions for the final part of the implant i was told that my body rejected the bone graphing. they cut my gums back open and removed the rest of the bone fragments and stiched me up. i was nervous and scared but they told me that everything was going to be alright. 2 days later, as my gums are healing i touched the implant head, screw part, and it MOVES, with a little pressure.  now i freaking out thinking that my bone isnt strong enough and the implant wont hold or might have to be removed. my dentist had told me when i asked him if everything was alright he told me that nature will have to take its course. and my surgon told me that after the implant is put in i cant eat anything hard or bite into it for awhile. i feel like they are keeping something from me. what should i do? do you think it will be ok? is this normal? do some people take more than 6 months for the bone to be real strong?
It appears that osseointegration of fixture is not successful.If provided information is true, prosthetic rehabilitation is contraindicated.
As long as there is no infection, your body may just need more time to heal the bone.  If it's a rejection of the metal, it probably won't get better.  Just eat healthy and try www.mamagums.com protocol for care of the gums and I wish you well and your implant stablilizes.
This sounds like a really interesting story. I received dental implants in Hugo a few months back and haven't experienced anything similar to this. I would maybe see another surgeon for a second opinion on the issue.