Dental Health Community
dental implants

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

dental implants

scot   can you please answer in plain english what dentist will do with regard to this problem
Assuming your problem is lisping sound, which is not supposed to happen after final restoration. Effortless and clear pronunciation should be verified during temporary restoration. Final restoration is supposed to duplicate the temporary crowns. Probably, inner surface of upper anterior crown can be grinded to facilitate pronunciation.I am not very good at verbal english, this is probably the best I can do, hope this helps.
I can understand your frustration with lisping.  As soon as I got a removable metal partial to use while my four top front implants healed, I lisped....badly
I practiced saying from 70 backwards to 60 over and over again.  Practice in front of a mirror if you have to.  The hard part is getting your tongue to be able to form the words without hitting the back of your teeth causing the lisp.  You need to train it.  Gradually, my lisp went away.

When I got rid of my partial and got my final crowns, I had to start all over.  The lisp was back.  Back to the mirror and the practicing from 70 to 60.  It is gradually getting better.  I still lisp a little bit when I get tired, but it's only been a couple of weeks. No one else seems to notice it but me by now.

If you practice, your tongue will eventually get the hang of forming the words without hitting the back of your teeth, as scottma said.  That's usually where the problem lies.

Practice, in this case, makes perfect.  It does take some time and patience.

Hope this helps.
Best to you,
Gellia
this does help as my tongue touching front teeth, this was finally done in rush, so am flying to bratslavia to have these corrected   tks for your information  caral
this correct tongue hitting back front teeth.  am returning to bratslavia so they can correct and den tist said not problem correcting this.  final fitting was done in a rush at finish but feel this time will be ok    tks caral twingo
you are correct backs on front crown quite fat, plus very rough, when dentist grinds these down will he send to have these reglazed (hope so) otherwise have no other problem quite comfortable    tks    caral twingo
will they send bridge off for reglazing after readjustment   tks
It depends on the clinician's preference.Chairside polishing generates adequate smooth surface.
i  have just returned, and yes backs taken down and now talking ok and whilst was there had 10 crowns lower excellent.   tks for your information.  unfortunately backs now to metal but smooth but cannot see backs.  tks caral
hi scott still got trouble with tongue screws leaving indentation and really sore.  going to my dentist england to see to if more can be taken of back, think trouble they are quite thick so hopefully more can be removeded off back   tks caral twingo