Dental Health Expert Forum
dentist xrays?

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

dentist xrays?
18 year old male went to the dentist today and had 5 xrays taken one of them was a panoramic one im having a little anxiety about it right now is that to much?
Probably not.  

If it was a digital x-ray, the radiation is even further reduced by 50-80% compared to traditional film x-ray in which they have to develop them in fixer/developer.  The x-rays were probably a routine amount of x-rays for a dental check for an initial visit.  

Although there's no conclusive evidence of any thyroid problems etc from radiation, a collar to protect the neck wouldn't have been a bad thing but its not necessary or required by law as far as I know
oh and they did put a led apron over me but i didnt have anything to cover my neck should i be worried?