Dental Health Expert Forum
do i have dry socket/infection?

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

do i have dry socket/infection?

Two days ago i had all four wisdom teeth pulled. (I had novocaine and i would like to mention none of my wisdom teeth were impacted). I noticed today when i look inside the bottom holes that i see some white debree inside the clot that has formed in both holes. I currently do not have any severe pain so i do not think it is dry socket but then again i heard it is too early for me to tell if that could be the case. Just wondering if my likelyhood for dry socket decreases since none of the teeth were impacted. Also just wondering if the white debree could be food and should i be worried?
You don't seem to have dry socket.  Usually dry socket is extremely painful.  I would gently rinse the area out to keep it clean but not enough to remove any of the clot or other tissue inside the socket and damage it.
doesnt sound like adry scoket to me .... just sounds like a mucosa film thats over the clot...thats a good thing....if you get a dry socket you will know it... they are pretty painful