Dental Health Community
dry mouth/cheek & tongue biting
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

dry mouth/cheek & tongue biting

For the past 2 weeks i have  had a white line along both sides of my cheeks, i seem to be bitting them, im guessing in my seleep beceause i dont notice it in the day even when i remember.  I also have ridging on one side of my tongue.

i recently started taking phentermine hcl for wt loss purposes and have had a cotton mouth feeling ever since, which is common.

is it likely that the cheek/tongue problems are secondary to the cotton mouth feeling?

what can i do for it (apart from drink water, because no matter how much i drink i still have this awful dry mouth feeling!)
Related Discussions
745634_tn?1243727047
This is something I would recommend seeing a dentist about.  Dry mouth comes with many other consequences, and the dentist can help with preventive measures.  
There are products like Biotene and Oasis that are mouthwashes specifically for patients with dry mouth which keep your mouth moist much longer than water.

The ridging and white lines suggest you clench or grind your teeth at night.  Your dentist will also be able to make you a nightguard to protect your jaw and teeth from this.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dental Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...