Dental Health Expert Forum
dry socket
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

dry socket

i had a tooth out last friday and on monday had terrible pain i went to see my dentist on tuesday and he packed the area with medicated gauze the pain stopped but today it returned so i went to see the emergency dentist and he cleaned the wound and gave me pads of gauze to bite down on it now hurts more than before do you think i should see my dentist tomorrow i am also on two types of antibiotics as the tooth was infected when they pulled it could this have led to me getting dry socket
Related Discussions
540545_tn?1377626518
Yes you should go back to your dentist.  It may need to be repacked again.  Usually with the dressing for dry socket, we usually pack it every few days.
6 Comments
Blank
so how will the socket heal now there is no blood clot there does it form another one
Blank
540545_tn?1377626518
Most likely not.  Its a slower healing process so your dentist may need to pack and repack the socket for the discomfort.
Blank
i now have no pain and have not had to have it packed does this mean that the worst is over and it will heal ok by its self and is there anything i can do to help it heal faster
Blank
540545_tn?1377626518
I would continue with being careful of the area but since the pain is gone, its probably healing up sufficiently.  I would monitor the situation and be very careful with it until the dentist has checked it and feels its closed up sufficiently.
Blank
A related discussion, dry socket?? was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
540545_tn?1377626518
Jerome Tsang, DDSBlank
Irvine Modern Dentistry
Irvine, CA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now