ear and jaw pain after crown
I had a crown procedure 3 weeks ago today on my very last bottom tooth and am still suffering from incredible pain in my ear and jaw.  I have been to urgent care and returned to the dentist.  She performed an xray and said the tooth is fine.  I was first given Valium and Aleve for relief.  The relief from this treatment last about 1 hour and the severe pain returned.  I was then put on flexoril which takes the "edge" off for a couple of hours.  I have switched to ibuprofen which has provided more relief than the Aleve.  The dentist says that I have muscle spasms in my jaw and this should go away.  I am still miserable and finding it difficult to function.  Could I have damage to my nerve or something?  I was at the dentist for approximately 5 hours for the procedure and received multiple injections.

This discussion is related to Jaw and ear pain after dental work.
Your problem probably results from occlusal interference of new crown.If your dentist can adjust bite optimally,youmay need to see an occlusionist or prosthodontist.
My dentist said my bite is perfect.  Perhaps I should get a second opinion???
I have had the exact same problem except on the opposite side of the crown.  I believe it has nothing to do with allergic reaction, no infection, or anything to do with the bite. I believe it is nerve pain.  My husband has it in the jaw and ear severely and they put him on Neurontin.  It has completely STOPPED ALL OF THE PAIN.  I think your mouth is held open for so long and there were tons of injections given to me, including one in the jawbone itself, because I wouldn't numb up.  No dental work was performed on my right side, but now ALL OF THE PAIN is on the right.  I have never experienced this before and I have several crowns.  I think the nerves are hit so many times while doing a crown that it shoots across the jaw bone, down into the throat and also to the ear.  Try Neurontin. I think you will see a world of difference.  Mine was so bad, I couldn't open my mouth and chew. Ibuprofen is the ONLY thing that takes away the pain. Narcotics do not work.  Goodluck.
Has the pain gone away? Same thing happened to me with crown in may.  Been to 2nd dentist & bought a $400 mouth piece that has not helped