Dental Health Expert Forum
ear infection and widom teeth

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

ear infection and widom teeth

Hi all I have an on going ear infection that hurts just under my earlobe in the little crook there I am worried because I have had three wisdom teeth out all impacted but the third one my dentist said to leave as had a lot of bone coverage ( lower left side of jaw same side as ear infection) It does not hurt to open my mouth is the pain i  am feeling simply from the ear infection the gum is not swollen over my wisdom tooth area, but if it is only an ear infection why is it being so stubbon to go.
Have you seen a doctor in regards to your ear infection?  Usually they'll prescribe some antibiotic ear drops or something to resolve the issue. If that doesn't work, you may want to consider getting your wisdom teeth out but I'm not convinced yet that its causing your ear infection.  It may cause some referred pain that feels like an ear ache though.

1 Comment
A related discussion, wisdom teeth vs fat ear drum was started.