ear pain following crown and root canal procedures
I had a crown put on my lower first molar on the left side in 11/05. The morning following the crown, I was awakened with the most severe case of vertigo I have ever had.  The vertigo lasted several days and was followed by weakness that persisted a full month.  I called the dentist and asked if that would have caused the vertigo and he didn't think so.  Although, I have never had a case of vertigo like that before the crown. I do have an history of allergies and wondered if any of the materials used could have also triggered it.  After the vertigo subsided, I continued to have pain whenever anything touched the tooth.  I couldn't eat on that side of my mouth.  And I also had bouts of earaches. I waited a few months to see if the tooth would "settle".  It didn't and went back to the dentist whom filed down the crown to see if that would help. I finally had a root canal done on this tooth 4 months ago.  Now, I am finally able to chew again on this side of my mouth, but if I do, I noticed that the next day I wake up with an earache that radiates from the ear all the way to the tooth.  It hurts bad enough that I need to take Advil for a day or two.  If I baby the tooth and not eat on that side of my mouth like I did prior to the canal, I don't seem to get the earache.  Also, when I get the earache I have mild vertigo again with it. My other ear is fine, so I think it has to be related. Do you feel that there might have been nerve damage on that side of my mouth?  
I do not think there is any nerve damage but I would be concerned that the tooth is still sensitive to any type of function.It is possible that the earaches are related to the tooth and I would have both the root canal and your ear checked out by the appropriate doctors.
I went to the dentist yesterday 22/9/07 had had treatment fo a deep cavity, 2 filllings, procedure took 30-40 minutes and when the anesthic wore of i was in immense pain, today the pain is excruciating specifically in my ear on the side where i had the treatment. Is this to be expected? Im taking solphadine evry six hours and feel miserable!!!!