Dental Health Community
eating with dentures

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

eating with dentures

I had 6 extractions and an immediate denture put in 2 days ago.  The dentures stays in really well except when I eat.  It is sharp and painful in places on the opposite side when I try to chew.  Also, when i try to bite down on something with the front teeth, the front part pushes up into the gum, and the back palate part comes down and completely out.  I am beginning to regret this.  Is it too soon to expect to be able to eat?  Any suggestions?
hi, i dont have dentures but is planing on gettin top ones soon. i know a lot that has them and yes it takes sometime to get used to. most of my friends lots lots weight the first 3 months. hang in there , it will get better .