Dental Health Community
epinephrine/reaction

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

epinephrine/reaction

Let me start at the beginning. I went into the dentist about a month ago to have 13 teeth removed, seven on top six on bottom. This was a new dentist for me who I gave a complete history to and explained in detail how I could in no way ever have epinephrine in my novocaine due to the fact that 4 years earlier I was found on my kitchen floor and had to be revived and since have had heart issues that included rapid heart rate and high blood pressure. When given the epi these are worsened and I get palpitations and skipping beats I have an EKG I keep that I have to carry at all times in case of emergency. So, the day of the teeth pulling I was given valium and went in and had novocaine and felt shakey (shaky) as I would with the epi but thought I was just nervous and brushed it off. never given stitches for any of those teeth either. I went back the next day with a raging infection my left side of my face looked like a baseball they did not give me antibiotics before hand so they gave them to me now. I went back to have more work done on the teeth left and it went all wrong, they never hurt before the fillings and after I could not eat or drink at all on those last teeth 4 in front on top so I had no choice but to have them pulled. Before I went in for this appointment however I went in to have my bottom 6 front teeth fixed and another dentist did the work. He gave me 3 shots of novocaine in the back of my gums 3 in the front and not even a minute later I knew he had used the epi. I asked "did you use epi and he said yes why?" I told him he is not supposed to didn't the other dentist tell him? He looked at my chart and told me "you had it when you had your teeth pulled" that is why I didn't feel well that day I couldn't believe it. I was shaking so bad and uncontrollably like having a seizure. He never checked my chart. I ended up passing out only for a couple seconds but hit my head on the back of the chair. I already had started to let them drill so had to stay and finish. When I went back to have the other teeth pulled they did not use epi I am sure due to the bleeding I had to have stitches this time with only 5 teeth out funny how the first time they told me they never used it but I never needed stitches even with 2 of the teeth being wisdom teeth.hmmm? I asked for a copy of my records the very next day after the epi incident and the day of the first teeth pulling the novocaine they gave me was all crossed out and rewritten in in another pen????

I paid them for upper and lower partials and after the epi thing they have told me they will do what it takes to make me happy but every time I go back something else bad happens. Finally here it comes my question is do you think I would have a case if I were to sue them? I just feel like enough is enough and now I am down to 6 teeth and still not happy and still in pain too.

thank you