Dental Health Community
falling off taste buds

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dental issues, bridges, cavities, crowns, orthodontics, and x-rays.

falling off taste buds

I am a healthy young adult, I eat healthy food, I drink lots of water but the inside of my mouth has been bothering me for the past couple of years.  First, the taste bud on the sides of my tongue are easily bitten off, without any pain.  I bite them off because they stick out further than rest of my tongue.  Second, the skin underneath my tongue is often white and I can easily pull it off with my finger or by moving my tongue over it.  When I pull it off, it looks like a thin layer of skin.  Third, the sides of my mouth, much like my tongue, flakes off without any pain.  I read the other posts that say it could be from dry skin, is there any treatment/cure for this?